Tuesday 31 July 2012


Dear diary,

When will this torment end?
As I’m too drained to write a lot I will simply give you a brief summary about to how my day went. :*(

6am: woke up and played ANGRY BIRDS on the PC
6:30am: Naola woke the rest of the house when she found a cockroach crawling right above her on the ceiling.
6:31am: Naola still screaming, R.I.P cockroach (You died a ninja’s death).
6:35am: Found a cockroach in my school bag when I attempted to fetch my pencil. Woke uncle up (I now wish I hadn’t).
7am: Mommy left for work with a smile on her face. She gave me a recipe book for no apparent reason and advised me to read it like a bible. (?_?)
7:15am – 7:30am: returned to ANGRY BIRDS (I’m so pro that I got 3 stars on every stage in the ‘Poached Eggs’ level). Watched a few music videos too (I loved Mo’cheddah’s Louder video best).
7:30am: Torture begins. Uncle asked me to watch the news again. >L, doesn’t he ever quit? I simply told him what I thought about watching the news and we got into a fierce argument that ended with Naola crying and my uncle adam’s apple rising and falling like a bungee jumper. Actually the argument ended with me watching the news any way plus I had to wash the dinner plates from the night before.
8am: I told Naola that I was sorely tempted to spray insecticide in Uncle’s breakfast and the little pest went on to Uncle and repeated my words. Now I got to watch my back in my own house. Uncle asked me to repeat the news I had watched and I sullenly did:

a.)    Attack on the V.P’s house in either Sokoto or Kaduna. (well there was a bomb blast too so I got the location mixed up.)
b.)    Femi Falana, a lawyer, blames the deplorable state in Nigeria on two former Heads of State: Mr Olusegun Obasanjo and Mr Ibrahim Babangida.
c.)     President Jonathan with wife is headed to Jamaica and Trinidad and Tobago for some celebration (Uncle reckons we need him more here).
d.)    The Nigerian Police are to have new code of conduct. (frankly I believe they need a serious reform)
e.)    India suffering massive power outage that renders nearly half of the country in total blackness (I actually read more about this story online. It would seem that some states over there are using more power than others. Sorry India, Nigeria is probably the only country in the world that understands how you feel.)

Thanks to Mr WaryWatcher

After listening to five minutes worth of news from Dakore Boyo Network my Uncle went to bed about 10 minutes later and I finally had my peace. Naola followed me everywhere after that and I couldn’t shake her loose; she probably thought I would apply tooth paste around my Uncle’s eyes while he slept (hehehehe, well I was sorely tempted to at a point in time).
The rest of the day blurred into each other like fog.
Now I wish to make a point. Uncle told me about a member of the national house of assembly who got arrested after receiving bribe (the money involved could pay my school fees for ages and ages to come). According to my uncle he mentioned that he was framed and at first tried to deny the crime (!).
This is just so sad; SAD AND WICKED. Whether he was framed or no he still took the money; He robbed Nigeria his country and he could have gotten away with it. There are probably more people like him seating their fattened bums upon important seats in government and are swallowing large sums of money on a daily basis. They buy jets and mansions (did I not mean to write ‘Palaces’?) and they live abroad and get fatter and fatter.
I don’t think they really understand what money is really for. I might be young and inexperienced but I do know that money is used to buy things we need. For example if I need to go to the CINEMA to watch a movie then I get busy, make some money and then go enjoy myself. The same goes for everything else in life. Money is meant to get you what you want.
Now I don’t think these people need money that much. They are probably worth Millions of Naira already. What else do they need to go stealing money for? I would certainly understand if they were hoarding that entire sum maybe to buy Nuclear weapons and wage a war or maybe they wished to buy a place on the moon, or maybe they wish to make their country better with charities. If you asked any of them why they are robbing the country they would probably give that ever nauseous reply: “For my children and generations to come.”
With the rate things are going Nigeria is certainly going to explode soon.

thanks to Mr WaryWatcher

No comments:

Post a Comment